There are 15 owner complaints spread out over 4 years, but the most belong to the 2001.
This generation ranks 18th in reliability out of 43 overall Volkswagen generations.
This generation has been recalled 2 times. It's also part of 2 investigations and has 51 TSBs.
- electrical power windows fail in the 2001 Cabrio at 90000 miles
- fuel system rough idle and acceleration in the 2000 Cabrio at 36000 miles
- miscellaneous if it can break, it will break in the 1999 Cabrio at 40000 miles
- engine engine light on in the 2001 Cabrio at 58500 miles
- transmission car lugs in the 2001 Cabrio at 37000 miles
- accessories - interior cd changer malfunction in the 2001 Cabrio at 53000 miles