There are 8 owner complaints spread out over 4 years, but the most belong to the 2009.
This generation ranks 17th in reliability out of 43 overall Volkswagen generations.
This generation has been recalled 3 times. It's also part of 1 investigations and has 120 TSBs.
- electrical ABS warning light on in the 2008 Golf at 66825 miles
- engine Engine failure in the 2009 Golf at 9942 miles
- transmission duel mass fly wheel exploded while driving in the 2006 Golf at 51574 miles
- transmission dsg gearbox failure in the 2006 Golf at 55923 miles
- brakes ABS failure in the 2009 Golf at 65865 miles
- electrical ABS module stopped working in the 2009 Golf at 130000 miles