There are 33 owner complaints spread out over 4 years, but the most belong to the 2015.
This generation ranks 29th in reliability out of 43 overall Volkswagen generations.
This generation has been recalled 15 times. It's also part of 3 investigations and has 66 TSBs.
- engine engine misfire in the 2016 Golf at 1848 miles
- cooling system overheated less than 2 wks of owning my new car in the 2014 Golf at 249 miles
- accessories - interior infotainment screen stopped working in the 2017 Golf at 723 miles
- electrical erratic dash lights in the 2015 Golf at 11185 miles
- body / paint delicate front end in the 2017 Golf at 600 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 2017 Golf at 1000 miles