There are 413 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2006.
This generation ranks 43rd in reliability out of 43 overall Volkswagen generations.
This generation has been recalled 24 times. It's also part of 10 investigations and has 443 TSBs.
- brakes ABS module failure in the 2009 Jetta at 93101 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 2006 Jetta at 119557 miles
- transmission transmission not engaging properly between gears in the 2006 Jetta at 101666 miles
- engine engine failure in the 2009 Jetta at 77337 miles
- fuel system fuel pump failure in the 2010 Jetta at 103732 miles
- accessories - interior stereo not working properly in the 2010 Jetta at 79459 miles