There are 277 owner complaints spread out over 7 years, but the most belong to the 2011.
This generation ranks 40th in reliability out of 43 overall Volkswagen generations.
This generation has been recalled 27 times. It's also part of 18 investigations and has 493 TSBs.
- clutch clutch failure in the 2015 Jetta at 13232 miles
- clutch clutch burned out in the 2016 Jetta at 9761 miles
- accessories - interior radio stopped working in the 2011 Jetta at 69944 miles
- fuel system high pressure fuel pump stopped working in the 2011 Jetta at 58749 miles
- engine engine stalls/shuts off while driving in the 2013 Jetta at 22203 miles
- electrical rodents chewed soy-based wiring in the 2017 Jetta at 1400 miles