There are 200 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2006.
This generation ranks 42nd in reliability out of 43 overall Volkswagen generations.
This generation has been recalled 13 times. It's also part of 8 investigations and has 412 TSBs.
- electrical car wouldn't start in the 2006 Passat at 76664 miles
- engine injectors failure in the 2007 Passat at 43412 miles
- engine timing chain failure in the 2007 Passat at 61351 miles
- engine excessive oil consumption in the 2008 Passat at 80006 miles
- suspension suspension parts failing in the 2010 Passat at 75460 miles
- engine engine failure in the 2006 Passat at 86183 miles