There are 118 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2011.
This generation ranks 32nd in reliability out of 41 overall Volkswagen generations.
This generation has been recalled 10 times. It's also part of 0 investigations and has 326 TSBs.
- engine car shuts off while driving, steering locks & car seizes in the 2009 Routan at 87481 miles
- transmission transmission failed completely in the 2009 Routan at 81838 miles
- engine difficulty starting in the 2011 Routan at 70805 miles
- electrical turns over, won't start in the 2011 Routan at 65167 miles
- electrical fuel pump will not turn off. TIPM problem in the 2011 Routan at 64507 miles
- brakes premature wear on brake pads and rotors in the 2011 Routan at 44911 miles