There are 39 owner complaints spread out over 7 years, but the most belong to the 2007.
This generation ranks 25th in reliability out of 43 overall Volkswagen generations.
This generation has been recalled 9 times. It's also part of 10 investigations and has 362 TSBs.
- engine engine & epc light on in the 2007 Touareg at 79250 miles
- fuel system fuel pump failure in the 2010 Touareg at 39146 miles
- transmission transmisson thumps when shifting gears in the 2007 Touareg at 57477 miles
- engine oil leak in the 2006 Touareg at 74000 miles
- drivetrain loud noise underneath car in the 2008 Touareg at 68600 miles
- body / paint water leaking into dash and interior in the 2007 Touareg at 100000 miles