Jetta Radio Problems
There's a trend popping up where VW radios are fine one minute, then 'popping' before falling silent. This is particularly true in the 2010-2011 Jetta and once they're gone, they're gone for good.
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.
Where Interior Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2011 Jetta radio stopped working 29 (100%)
- 2010 Jetta stereo not working properly 23 (79%)
- 2006 Jetta short in the wiring harness in the driver's door 15 (52%)
- 2006 Jetta headliner separating from ceiling 10 (34%)
- 2011 Jetta SportWagen radio stopped working 9 (31%)
- 2010 Jetta power door locks malfunctioning 9 (31%)
- 2002 Passat garage door opener remote falls out of visor 8 (28%)
The head restraint guide that keeps it attached to the seat frame may not have been properly welded in 169 VW vehicles.
About the Recall ∞
- Recalled are 2018 Volkswagen e-Golf, Golf R, Audi A3 Sedan and RS3 vehicles that need the rear seat frames replaced._
- In the last couple months a petition was handed to safety regulators because of weld concerns in the Jeep Wrangler, Subaru had to recall the brand new Ascent for missing welds, and even Maserati’s sub-frames are breaking because of welding mistakes.
U.S. head restraint is adjustable only in five positions
The recall is for 2016–2017 CC vehicles and expected to begin in June 2017.